Thursday, November 22, 2012

CHALK Wins Ohio's BUCKEYE CHILDREN"S BOOK AWARD

Over the last several months, I have been working feverishly on my next book and neglected my blog. However, I did want to mention one of the nicest things that happened to me it 2012- winning the Buckeye Children's Book Award! This was extremely special to me because the Buckeye Awards are the only state book awards that are both nominated AND selected by students. It is really wonderful to have your work recognized by the audience that you created it for. You can read about the 2011 Buckeye Award here: http://www.bcbookaward.info/portfolio-items/2011-awards/

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning the Buckeye Children's Book Award. Chalk is a book my colleagues, my students and I simply love. This is good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son and I LOVE your book, Chalk. I think the illustrations are fabulous! If it was up to me, I'd nominate it for a Caldecott. :)

    ReplyDelete